Senior Living SecurityMay 21, 2020
Nothing is more important than feeling safe in your own home, and that is something Winchester Gardens makes a top priority. At Winchester Gardens, residents can rest assured that we are fully prepared in the case of an emergency, including meeting their healthcare needs. We regularly go over our security procedures to improve reliability and effectiveness, and we always lend a listening ear to residents for input.
Below are just a few of the ways we implement security plans and precautions in our community.
Our Community Safety Procedures and Precautions
- Emergency Policies and Procedures. In order to be fully prepared for the unexpected, Winchester Gardens uses a network of Springpoint communities to share best practices and find improvement opportunities.
- Emergency Communications. In the event of an emergency, communication is of the utmost importance. We’ve put together an emergency communication system that uses voice, text and email messages to help share information quickly with staff, residents and their families.
- Disaster Preparedness. Should a disastrous event occur, the Springpoint team has a detailed action plan to follow. We review this plan regularly and update the procedures as needed so you can be confident in your safety.
- Emergency Power Supply. To keep our communities running during a power outage, Winchester Gardens has onsite generators and arrangements for fuel supplies. This increase of onsite power helps you to carry on with business as usual during a storm or other event.
- Onsite Health Services. Living in a continuing care retirement community comes with an array of senior living options to ensure a vibrant lifestyle. We offer a full suite of care services including Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care Home Care, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation as well as a new healthcare center.
- COVID-19 Policies. While it’s true that we’re in the midst of a very challenging time, we at Winchester Gardens—staff and residents—are a family pulling together, steadfast in our desire to see this through with kindness and compassion. While our residents follow the stay-at-home rules, they are still experiencing the love, care, and support of community life. All of our team members jump in to help whenever and wherever needed. To keep our residents engaged and active, we broadcast a variety of concerts, musical entertainment, and lectures as well as yoga, meditation, and fitness classes on our in-house TV channel. Some community members join virtual brain fitness classes via Zoom while others head outdoors and, while practicing safe social distancing, enjoy our beautiful walking paths or play singles golf. Hot, delicious, chef-prepared meals are delivered to each resident’s front door, and we’ve opened the Marketplace at the Stonewall Café to allow residents to shop for essential groceries without having to venture off campus.
You Can Feel Safe at Home with Winchester Gardens
If you want confirmation of the feeling of security at Winchester Gardens or any of the Springpoint communities, just speak to a current resident. Ted Bryant has been with us since 2015 and told us, “I wake up every morning worry-free.” We want you to feel safe in your own home, and every safety measure we take is an effort to do just that.
Contact our team today for more information or with any questions you may have. We can also schedule a virtual tour so you can view our vibrant community from the comfort of your own home.