Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in a Homelike Setting
Personalized memory care at Winchester Gardens.
At the state-of-the-art Manchester memory care neighborhood at Winchester Gardens, we utilize the leading-edge memory care methods of Connections – A Dementia Care Model of Excellence™ program.
You’ll find personalized Alzheimer’s and dementia care here in a soothing, homelike environment. Our dedicated team of professionals works closely with each resident, providing the supportive one-on-one memory care needed to keep them connected to the world around them.
Activities built on vocational and life skills help memory care residents maintain their individuality, independence, dignity, and self esteem. And our secure, homelike setting as well as enclosed outdoor spaces provide the opportunity for us to help with activities of daily living while maximizing each resident’s comfort and confidence.
Highlights of the Connections program include:
- Trained behavioral management team
- Certified therapeutic recreation specialist
- Affiliation with Neuropsychology Associates, including a family support group
- Computer-based activities that promote cognitive fitness
- Private dining venues
- Indoor and outdoor gardens with scheduled activities
- 12 activity stations designed to promote purposeful wandering
- Task room
- Reminiscence and interactive art work and memory boxes
- Off-site activities
- Spacious apartments specially designed to promote comfort and independence