What Are the Advantages of Living in a Senior Living Community?January 28, 2021
Retirement is an exciting stage in your life. You have more time to go out and explore the world, or to simply relax and enjoy each day as it comes. And there’s no better way to enjoy life to the fullest extent than by choosing to move to a senior living community.
Maybe you’re well-aware of senior living communities in your area, like Springpoint Life Plan Communities (also known as continuing care retirement communities), but you aren’t sure what they really offer. Senior living communities combine an independent lifestyle, hospitality and access to all levels of healthcare all in one convenient location.
Making the move to a senior living community is an exciting choice to make, but you may be wondering — what are the benefits of making this move?
10 Benefits of Senior Living
- Enriching Opportunities to Improve Your Overall Health & Wellness – Senior living communities often offer health and wellness programs and activities right within the community. LivWell, Monroe Village’s holistic wellness program, touches on all seven dimensions of wellness to offer the opportunity to achieve any and all wellness goals you have.
- No More Home Maintenance – Tired of paying for home repairs, spending your time cooking and cleaning, raking leaves, shoveling snow or fixing those leaky gutters? Leave those tasks to a team of helpful, caring professionals with no extra cost to you.
- A Secure Financial Future – We recognize that each person’s financial situation and goals are different, which is why we offer several plan options when it comes to financing your retirement. Plus, our all-inclusive pricing at a senior living community covers all your maintenance, housekeeping, utility and property tax costs and a multitude of unique conveniences and services, so everything you need will be covered in one convenient monthly check.
- Decreased Risk of Social Isolation – Living in a community surrounded by your peers means even more opportunity to stay socially engaged in your retirement years. With daily activities and community amenities, you can connect with others who share your interests.
- Eased Concerns of Family Members – By moving to a senior living community, you’ll ease concerns of family members who are worried about future healthcare needs. By staying in a comfortable community with resources surrounding you, your needs will be met now and in the future.
- Access to Quality Healthcare Offerings – A Life Plan Community offers varying levels of care to residents, from independent living options to assisted living, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and memory care services. Our goal is to provide the care you need in order to thrive while still maintaining the highest level of independence.
- Boosted Independence – Some people worry that moving to a senior living community will take away their independence — but that couldn’t be further from the truth! You’ll still have the freedom to decide how to spend your days, what activities you want to participate in, what to have for dinner and how you’ll personalize your own living space.
- Access to a Wide Variety of Services and Amenities – Beyond your apartment or villa, you’ll find numerous on-site services and amenities. All you have to do is walk down the hall to enjoy a delicious chef-prepared meal, play a board game, attend a lecture or take a walk on stunning grounds.
- Increased Safety and Security Measures – Senior living communities plan for your future, no matter what it may bring. With a vast network of resources and safety, security and emergency measures, you’ll experience the feeling of safety in your own home.
- An Opportunity to Make a New Home – When it comes to making the move to senior living, you’re making the move to your new home. This is the place where you can relax and are able to be your most true self.
Discover the Best Community Living for Seniors at Winchester Gardens
More and more often, seniors are recognizing the many benefits of moving to Winchester Gardens. Don’t just take our word for it, though. Come see for yourself! We invite you to contact us today to schedule your personal tour (either virtual or in-person). While on your tour, we’re happy to answer any questions you may have and discuss our contract options available that will best suit your needs.
Want to learn more about the benefits of senior living? We invite you to download our FREE guide 10 Benefits of Senior Living at Springpoint!